While the summer in Dallas TX can seem too hot for much of anything, sometimes the best way to beat the heat is by embracing it. With these summer 2017 5k races in Dallas TX, you can enjoy the fellowship of a smaller race, and even win prizes! And, of course, have a great fitness goal to keep you going to the gym and eating right, even in the midst of summer festivals and Fourth of July celebrations.
Read More: Waterparks Around DFW
Summer 2017 5K Races in Dallas TX
July 1 – Dallas Running Club Independence 5k
- Where: Start and Finish at Winfrey Point on White Rock Lake
- Time: Start at 8:00 a.m., registration 6:30-7:30 a.m.
- Same-Day Races: a 10k and a children’s run
- Cost: Free for DRC members, $15 for non-members. Kids are free with day-of registration
- Other details: Wear red white and blue to celebrate your patriotic spirit!
July 8 – Run For the Blue 5k
- Where: Trinity Groves (311 Gulden Lane, Dallas)
- Time: Start at 8:00 a.m., registration 6:30-7:30 a.m., opening ceremonies at 7:30 a.m.
- Same-Day Races: 1 Mile Run/Walk
- Cost: FREE. Donations for the families of injured and slain police officers are accepted at same-day registration. Chip timing is $5 and a t-shirt is $20
- Other details: Event honors the one year anniversary of the death of five police officers in an ambush that also injured eight other officers. Instead of awards after the race, there will be ceremonies honoring their sacrifice.
July 9 – Too Hot to Handle 5k
- Where: Norbuck Park, Dallas
- Time: Start at 7:30 a.m., packet pickup opens 6:30 a.m., fun afterward
- Same-Day Races: a 10k and 15k
- Cost: $40 adult fee for the 5k. Youth discounts and annual passes (which cover 12 races in this series) are available
- Other details: Entrance fee includes muscle t-shirt, cap, finisher’s medal. First 1,000 arrivals also get sunglasses. Snacks, live music, and a beer garden will be available after the race
August 12 – Cobra Brewing Co. 5k
- Where: Starts and finishes at Cobra Brewing Co. (146 Whatley Ave, Lewisville, TX)
- Time: Start at 9:30 a.m., registration 8:30 a.m.; Awards at 10:30 a.m.; fun after the race
- Same-Day Races: a half marathon and 10k
- Cost: $34 now until July 25, $39 until August 10
- Other details: They accept a maximum of 400 runners. Swag includes t-shirt and custom beer mug, with plenty of fun and beverages available after the race.
Going to one of these 5k races? Check out our extensive pre-owned luxury vehicle inventory that same day in Carrollton TX! We are open until 5 p.m. on Saturdays!
August 19 – Melon Dash 5k
- Where: Towne Lake Park Recreational Area (1405 Wilson Creek Parkway, McKinney TX)
- Time: Start at 8:00 a.m., packet pickup 6:30 a.m
- Same-Day Races: a Kid’s Fun Run
- Cost: $35 for adults; Fun Run is $20; youth discounts and annual passes for 12 races are available
- Other details: End-of-race refreshments include watermelon and cool towels, with live music and food after the race. A portion of proceeds go to the League of Animal Protectors.